PREORDER - Ships from late September/early October 2022
Two classic fuzz circuits in one pedal
The Double Classic Fuzz is a limited edition of 60 pedals containing surplus bob hund Fzzxkrrrxzt! circuit boards inside. In other words, these are electronically exactly identical to the bob hund pedals, only the visuals differs
The Double Classic Fuzz pedals are painted in a heavily textured grey 'hammertone' finish. The uneven surface gave some troubles for my silk screen guy when printing the graphics. He did his very best, but the black fields all have small 'holes' in the finish, where the base coat forms a shallow area.
The price is lowered slightly compared to the bob hund model, to compensate for the imperfect printing, though this is actually a more expensive pedal to make, because of the painting and two-colour silk screen printing.
When the first batch of 60 pedals are sold out, we are revising the circuit board to ommit the special (switchable) 'dying sound' feature of the bob hund Fzzxkrrrxzt! for the 'Sixties Germanium Fuzz' effect. Only this first batch contains the exact identical bob hund Fzzxkrrrxzt! PCB.
Demo at the bob hund Fzzxkrrrxzt! page.
Double Classic Fuzz features and specifications
- Meticulously researched recreation of the sounds of two vintage Fuzz-Tone pedals
- The 'Sixties Germanium Fuzz' side is a very accurate recreation of the sound and response of a vintage FZ-1A pedal, made with modern silicon transistors (the vintage original pedal is a germanium fuzz)
- Custom bob hund 'dying sound' option for the '1960s' side to be mixed with the vintage-identical effect (adjustable and switchable inside the pedal)
- The 'Seventies Silicon Fuzz' side is a very accurate recration of a vintage FZ-1S pedal based on actual inspection and measuring of the parts in a vintage pedal. Some parts were drifted in value, and this 'ageing' of the sound is adjustable inside the pedal
- Internal 'djup' (deep) switch to extend the low frequency range of the FZ-1S effect. This makes the sound much richer and 'fuller' than the orignal vintage effect
- Extremely high build quality. Assembled by hand in the European Union. The pedal features a hybrid SMD construction, where some parts are hand soldered 'trough hole' in the traditional way, and some of the passive parts are surface mount (resistors and small capacitors)
- Output buffers added to the vintage based circuits for a high quality output signal
- Mechanical true bypass (no buffered bypass)
- Analog circuits with low power consumption
- Rugged aluminium enclosure powder coat finished in a classic grey 'hammertone' finish with real silk screen printed graphics (imperfections in the screen printing on all pedals due to the heavily textured hammertone base coat)
- High quality Neutrik jacks
- Alpha brand upgrade quality foot switches (good for at least 30000 stomps)
- Compact footprint: 11,9 x 9,4 cm (standard Hammond 1590BB size)
- Runs on a standard ’Boss-style’ 9V DC guitar pedal power supply or a 9V battery. The pedal accepts 9-18V, but no real advantage of running it higher than 9V
- Advanced Reuss-designed power supply noise filtering circuit, making the pedal tolerate most power supplies, even the cheap ones, without the risk of inducing unwanted noises (an inherent issue with vintage fuzz circuits and other vintage effects build with discrete components)
- 24 months warranty against manufacturing faults
- Packed in a cardboard box and cotton draw-string bag
- Worldwide shipping from Denmark. Orders posted before 2:00 PM Central European Time on weekdays ships same day
The original vintage pedals in the lab during development of the Double Classic Fuzz
PLEASE NOTE: Prices at the webshop are listed without VAT. For customers in the European Union VAT is added at check-out