New, completely revised version coming in spring 2022!
The Evil Twin mk II is everything I have wanted to do, to improve the Reuss RSH-03 pedal, but sadly can't do because Rowland S. Howard is tragically not around to ask for approval
The new Evil Twin mk II has evolved into a 7-knob monster. Here's a run-down of the extended features, compared to the RSH-03:
- Fuzz intensity for the blue box circuit can be adjusted all the way down to almost no fuzz (without affecting the octave-down tone)
- Both circuits have gotten an added recovery gain stage, so now they are LOUD
- Both circuits have gotten a tone control
- Blue box circuit can be preset to either one or two octaves down
- Distortion circuit can be set to germanium, silicon, mosfet or no clipping (boost). Ge/Si and Ge/mosfet combinations are possible
- Internal ‘fat switch’ for the distortion circuit for improved low-end response
- And I’m happy to tell that the actual sounds are even more thrilling than the list of specs.
I expect to be able to release the pedal in spring 2022. Watch this space for more info, demo and a pre-ordering option. I am preparing 100 pedals for the initial batch.
Inside the first prototype: