SOLD OUT (discontinued - the circuit lives on in the 2021 revision of the Old Black Shoe and in the Wine and Roses pedal)
Rich and complex sounding overdrive/distortion pedal with heavy low-end
The Reuss Germanium Dirt offers a new and different take on the classic distortion pedal. Gritty, grainy, fuzzy and blissfully noisy
This is a sister model to the succesful Reuss 'Old Black Shoe' pedal , based on the same old LM308 'metal can' IC, but replacing the hybrid clipping arrangement with a pure germanium construction, using four vintage 1969 US made germanium diodes.
The Germanium Dirt kills with the 'Dirt' control dimed, but it is also capable of delivering some fine, moderate overdrive sounds. Quite transparent and very sensitive to playing dynamics. This is a perfect pedal for crisp and tasteful punk, postpunk and noisy indie rock tones.
The extended low-end response makes it great for 'drop-D' tunings, stoner rock, baritone guitars and even bass.
The tone control of the Germanium Dirt is very subtle, only dialing off the most harsh high-end, and never muffling your sound completely.
Like all Reuss pedals, the Germanium Dirt is completely handmade in Europe from top-shelf parts.
Reuss 'Germanium Dirt’ features and specifications
- Distortion pedal with expanded low-end response and a rich, complex and gritty sound texture
- Vintage new old stock LM308H metal can IC and four vintage 1969 US made germanium diodes (rare and expensive parts)
- 100% handmade in the European Union
- Artwork by award winning illustrator Morten Voigt (who also did the Muzzbomb-bomb)
- True bypass switching
- Silk screen printed aluminium enclosure in a gloss seafoam pearl finish
- High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- Mammoth Electronics 'pro' upgrade footswitch (good for at least 15000 stomps)
- 24 months warranty against manufacturing faults
- Powered by a 9V battery (not included) or a standard 'Boss-type' guitar pedal power supply
- Ships in a 'reuss' box and linen draw-string bag
- Worldwide shipping from Denmark. Orders posted before 2:00 PM Central European Time on weekdays ships same day
Download the Germanium Dirt manual here
Kasper Deurell of Copenhagen noise/post-rock legends Speaker Bite Me having a go at the 'Germanium Dirt' pedal with his bass at the Reuss workshop
PLEASE NOTE: Prices at the webshop are listed without VAT. For customers in the European Union VAT is added at check-out.