SOLD OUT. I have initiated manufacturing of a new batch of 50 enclosures, and I expect to be ready to ship Germanium Benders again in late February 2021. These pedals can be pre-ordered now.
REUSS GERMANIUM BENDER
Perfect 1960s germanium fuzz tones from this amazing little tonebender mark II clone
Made with NPN germanium transistors for mordern power polarity and flawless pedalboard integration
Uncompromising, true boutique construction, completely handmade in the European Union with a carefully selected and matched trio of vintage new old stock US made KRC brand OC140 germanium transistors (the NPN equivalent to the holy grail OC75/OC81 PNPs of 1960s original pedals).
This pedal represents an unparalled level of quality and craftmanship for the money and rivals any high-end germanium fuzz box costing two or three times as much. If you are in the market for that true 1960s British fuzz sound in a compact footprint, at an affordable price, look no further.
The new edition, coming in early 2021, features a very slightly modified graphic design and it will be silk screen printed. The old batch at the photos were UV printed, and they don't look as nice as the new, forthcoming pedals.
We are are also revising the electronics slightly, and the new edition will feature selectable voltages via switches inside, for that ‘power starving’ sound. There will also be a switchable tone mod inside to reduce the brightness of the original circuit. And we are adding a recovery gain stage (to make it louder) and an output buffer to bring this old classic into 2021. Much like we did with the Jumbo Tonebender circuit for the new Reuss Big Bender. The sound is 100% vintage.
Limited availability, made in tiny batches.
The old Germanium Bender is also available in a silicon version which is actually the fuzz circuit of the best-selling old Reuss RF01/02 Repeater Fuzz pedal. These are discontinued and I am blowing them out at only 89.95 EUR (November 2020)!
Excellent demo by Budda Guedes:
Reuss Germanium Bender specifications:
- True to vintage germanium fuzz circuit based on the tonebender mark II, built with three carefully matched vintage new old stock OC140 NPN germanium transistors (personally matched by myself). Switchable modifications for supply voltages (starve) and tonal response via DIP switches inside the pedal. Recovery gain stage and output buffer added to the vintage circuit for modern convenience and optimum pedalboard integration.
- Pedalboard friendly negative ground powered (contrary to vintage tonebender pedals which had reverse polarity)
- Extremely high build quality. Completely handmade in the European Union.
- No SMD parts. Only vintage-style ’through hole’ construction
- Compact aluminium enclosure in a "peacock sparkle turquoise" metallic powder coat finish with silk sceen printed graphics (pictures shows old UV printed edtion which was not as nice looking as the new ones)
- High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- Upgrade quality footswitch (rated for 50000 stomps)
- Runs on a standard ’Boss-style’ 9V DC 'negative centre' guitar pedal power supply or a 9V battery. Please note that due to the pedal's true-to-vintage circuit, modern 'switch mode' power supplies (SMPS) can induce a high pitched noise to the sound. I recommend using an old fashioned 'linear' power supply or a battery
- 24 months warranty against manufacturing faults
- Ships in a 'reuss' box and linen draw-string bag
- Fast worldwide shipping via DHL Express from Denmark. Your pedal is only few days away, no matter where you live.
Inside the Reuss Germanium Bender:
Download the Reuss Germanium Bender manual here
PLEASE NOTE: Prices at the webshop are listed without VAT. For customers in the European Union 25% VAT is added at check-out.