SOLD OUT - Discontinued
An octavia pedal like you never heard it before. More vintage than vintage. Built with new old stock germanium transistors and diodes
The Reuss Octaviaze pedal came about from experimenting with the Warren Ellis Muzzbox circuit board. This is basically a vintage 1960s Octavia circuit built with a pair of germanium NPN transistors replacing the silicons that goes into every other Octavia past and present. The sound is something else too. Extremely complex and very, very cool. Softer and warmer and less abrasive sounding than the usual Octavia. But still wild and crazy.
Also, please check out the Octaviaze's fuzz partner: The Purple Faze - A germanium FF-type fuzz built with two OC140 NPN germanium transistors.
Casual demo by my friend Fzat
Octaviaze features and specifications:
- Vintage 1960s Octavia circuit built with a pair of new old stock USSR era MP11 NPN germanium transistors and new old stock germanium diodes. Every 'Octavia' production pedal in history was made with silicon transistors, but early prototypes used for studio work are rumoured to have been germanium based (the Reuss Octaviaze still features a single BC558 silicon transistor in addition to the germanium pair)
- Pedalboard friendly negative ground powered (contrary to vintage pedals)
- Extremely high build quality. Completely handmade in the European Union
- No SMD parts. Only vintage-style ’through hole’ construction
- Compact aluminium enclosure with an 'cosmic yellow' metallic powder coat finish and purple silk screen printing
- High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- Mammoth Electronics upgrade quality footswitch (good for at least 15000 stomps)
- Runs on a standard ’Boss-style’ 9V DC guitar pedal power supply or a 9V battery (use only linear, transformer based power supplies, compact 'switch mode' power supplies can NOT be used)
- 24 months warranty against manufacturing faults
- Ships in a 'reuss' box and linen draw-string bag
- Worldwide shipping from Denmark. Orders posted before 2:00 PM Central European Time on weekdays ships same day
Inside the Octaviaze:
- We managed to fit an audio transformer in there, despite the tiny size of the pedal. This is probably the smallest pedal ever containing a full Octavia circuit (later pedals featured differently looking germanium transistors)!
Download the Reuss Octaviaze manual here
Demo by @hey_buddy6
PLEASE NOTE: Prices at the webshop are listed without VAT. For customers in the European Union VAT is added at check-out.