TEMPORARILY SOLD OUT. We are building more pedals, and the next little batch is ready to ship from early August 2021. These pedals are available to pre-order now!
Alternatively, check out the 'Double Standard Distortion' which is built on the Wine and Roses circuitboard
REUSS SW-01 'Wine and Roses' Steve Wynn signature pedal
Super versatile dual overdrive/distortion pedal developed with Steve Wynn of The Dream Syndicate
The Wine and Roses pedal (named after The Dream Syndicate's 1982 debut album), is two great sounding, custom tailored overdrive/distortion circuits in one compact pedal
Based on the Reuss 'Old Black Shoe' and 'Germanium Dirt' pedals, this box packs no less than two vintage new old stock LM308 opamps and six vintage new old stock germanium diodes.
The two circuits stacks amazingly well, making the 'Wine and Roses' pedal the perfect go-to pedal for a wide range of overdrive and distortion sounds, from subtle crunch to a massive drive. The second drive circuit (based on the Old Black Shoe) even works beautifully as a clean boost for the first circuit. There's endless possibilities with this one!
The Germanium Dirt circuit features pure germanium clipping, using four germanium diodes. It's rich, organic and gritty sounding and can sound fuzzy at high distortion levels. It's the more 'hairy' of the two circuits in the pedal.
The Old Black Shoe circuit is basically the same as the Germanium Dirt but features a hybrid silicon/germanium clipping diode arrangement. It has a louder, punchier and tighter sound. It can be used to boost the level of the germanium dirt sound without colouring it much.
The two effects share eq characteristics. They are both quite transparent (no pronounced mid-range hump) with an extended low-end response, compared to most guitar pedals (which makes it great for bass too). The tone controls works in a very subtle way, only dialing off the most ear-piercing highs and not muffling the tone.
Youtube demo by Steve Wynn himself:
Demo by Aaron Sternke:
Reuss SW-01 'Wine and Roses' features and specifications:
- Dual Overdrive/Distortion pedal designed in collaboration with Steve Wynn of the Dream Syndicate
- Vintage new old stock LM308N opamps and vintage NOS germanium diodes (rare and expensive parts)*
- 100% handmade in the European Union
- True bypass switching
- Silk screen printed aluminium enclosure in a pearl white powder coat finish (made in the US)*
- High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- Upgrade quality footswitches (good for at least 15000 stomps)
- Clear bright blue and green LEDs
- 24 months warranty against manufacturing faults
- Powered by a 9V battery (not included) or a standard 'Boss-type' guitar pedal power supply
- Ships in a 'reuss' box and linen draw-string bag
- Fast worldwide shipping via DHL Express from Denmark. Your pedal is only few days away, no matter where you live
*Please note (January 2020): The big blue silk screen printed field has started to shrink a bit over time, giving a slightly crackled texture to it. Not very noticable and not bad looking. Just so you know.
Download the 'Wine and Roses' manual here
PLEASE NOTE: Prices at the webshop are listed without VAT. For customers in the European Union 25% VAT is added at check-out.